Formerly known as John Deere Landscapes, SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. We have a long history of serving residential and commercial landscape professionals who specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of lawns, gardens, golf courses and other outdoor spaces.
Through our network of over 460 stores across 44 states and five provinces, we offer a comprehensive selection of more than 90,000 products including irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies. With a world-class team of over 2,700 industry experts, we also provide industry- leading complementary services and business assistance to support our product offering and to help our customers operate and grow their businesses; all tailored to meet each customer’s specific needs.
At SiteOne, we are committed to five key business objectives:
1. Be a great place to work for our associates.
2. Deliver superior quality, service and value to our customers.
3. Be the distributor of choice for our suppliers.
4. Achieve industry-leading financial performance and growth for our shareholders.
5. Be a good neighbor in our communities.
By leveraging the strength and capabilities of a large company with the passion, drive, experience and commitment of our talented local teams – we can consistently achieve these objectives and make our customers the most successful professionals in the Green Industry. We know our customer’s business better than anyone in our industry and together with our customers and suppliers, we can achieve exceptional success.
The Role – Nursery Department Manager I
The Location – Hudson, MA
Working with the Store Manager, achieve world-class store performance while contributing to and supporting the overall Store strategy, performance and growth. Champion select best practices within the store and participate in store/area-wide initiatives.
- Talent Focused: We recruit, develop, mentor and retain the best
- Customer Obsessed: We are relentless in making our customers successful
- Fast Moving: We hustle and make it happen…safely
- Team Players: We respect and support each other and put team first
- Solution Oriented: We get the facts and solve problems; find win-wins
- Agents Of Change: We are always looking for the better way
- Professional: We do everything with quality and integrity
- Competitive: We have fun… serving our customers and winning!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Staff recruitment, direction and training of the Nursery department staff.
- Manage the sales process for the Nursery department to include counter sales, delivery scheduling and customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Manage the procurement of nursery supplies product for that branch.
- Inventory management of all store nursery supplies.
- Coordinate with other stores to fulfill delivery and product transfer requirements.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge of sales management and managing personnel
- Strong knowledge of nursery products
- Must have a positive attitude
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years of work experience in horticultural and whole sale distribution of nursey products
- Prior experience in personnel and sales management
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Product Discounts
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunities for advancement
Sign up for Job Alerts
Lawn/Landscape-Snow Removal Operations ManagerMission Lawn and LandscapeRonan, MTFeb 20
Horticulture GardenerWynn ResortsLas Vegas, NV, United StatesFeb 17
Horticulture Coordinator Denver ZooDenver ZooDenver, CO, United StatesFeb 17
HorticulturistCincinnati Zoo & Botanical GardenCincinnati, OH, United StatesFeb 16
Skilled GardenerSunleaf GardensBirchrunville, PA, United StatesFeb 16
Latest from the webjobs by
Horticulture ScientistFluence BioengineeringAustin, TX31 Jan
Associate Professor/Professor of Horticulture/Plant ScienceSan Joaquin Delta Community College DistrictStockton, CA 9520713 Feb
Green Spring Gardens Park Manager (Natur...Fairfax County GovernmentGreen Spring, VA11 Feb
R&D Field/Greenhouse WorkerTerra Nova Nurseries, Inc.Canby, OR 9701313 Feb
Gardener - Parks District CrewCity of RaleighRaleigh, NC8 Feb
LANDSCAPE EXPEDITOR / SUPERVISORBreezy Hill NurserySalem, WI, United StatesFeb 08
Vertical Grow ManagerGROVIV Organic Indoor Vertical GrowerProvo, UT, United StatesFeb 01
Natural Land ManagerWildlandsPortland, OR, United StatesJan 25
Greenhouse Assistant ManagerDelaney’s Landscape CenterPolson, MT, United StatesFeb 14
Garden Manager, Full-Time SeasonalJewell GardensSkagway, AK, United StatesFeb 14