Trebro Sod Harvester Operator
TREBRO SOD HARVESTER OPERATOR
Vandemark Sod Farms is a year-round expanding operation in need of good, quality employees. As our family business grows we continue searching for employees looking to succeed along with us.
Vandemark Sod is the premier provider of turf products to Eastern NC. Our main product is turf, which we provide to the landscaping, as well as, athletic fields and golf courses. We grow, harvest and ship five types of sod from our Whitakers, Middlesex and Spring Hope locations. The Trebro Sod Harvester Operator position is a full time, year round position that will report directly to the owner of the company. If you meet the following job qualifications, please email a detailed resume or stop by to complete an application.
JOB DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Trebro Harvester Operator is responsible for the day to day operation of one or more of our harvesting crews and operating the harvesting machine. The Operator will receive direction from our owners, and will be responsible for completing tasks that are assigned. The primary tasks of the position include:
- Operating various harvesters in the most efficient manner.
- Operating tractors to move pallets of sod.
- Using all-terrain forklifts to load company trucks to service customers.
- Performing routine daily and weekly maintenance of harvesting equipment.
- Working with others to meet harvesting load.
- Performing some manual labor.
- Assists with any other jobs on the farm as needed.
- Maintain excellent sod quality of cut.
This work must be handled efficiently with attention to quality and safety.
We need this person to be firm but fair and have a respect and appreciation for farming and family business.
- Farm experience required.
- Proficient in operating and working with farm equipment/tractors and forklifts.
- Willingness and ability to be trained in all phases of company operations.
- Must be able to follow instructions and have some computer skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Valid NC driver's license required.
- Maintenance/field mechanical skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems.
- Knowledge of Sod farming a plus.
- High level of quality control IQ.
Bilingual Spanish a plus
Veterans encouraged to apply
Competitive wages based on experience and qualifications
Benefits to be discussed at interview
Please respond by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Trebro Sod Harvester Operator
If the above requirements are met you will be contacted for an interview.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Lawn/Landscape-Snow Removal Operations ManagerMission Lawn and LandscapeRonan, MTFeb 20
Horticulture GardenerWynn ResortsLas Vegas, NV, United StatesFeb 17
Horticulture Coordinator Denver ZooDenver ZooDenver, CO, United StatesFeb 17
HorticulturistCincinnati Zoo & Botanical GardenCincinnati, OH, United StatesFeb 16
Skilled GardenerSunleaf GardensBirchrunville, PA, United StatesFeb 16
Latest from the webjobs by
Horticulture ScientistFluence BioengineeringAustin, TX31 Jan
Associate Professor/Professor of Horticulture/Plant ScienceSan Joaquin Delta Community College DistrictStockton, CA 9520713 Feb
Green Spring Gardens Park Manager (Natur...Fairfax County GovernmentGreen Spring, VA11 Feb
R&D Field/Greenhouse WorkerTerra Nova Nurseries, Inc.Canby, OR 9701313 Feb
Gardener - Parks District CrewCity of RaleighRaleigh, NC8 Feb
Vertical Grow ManagerGROVIV Organic Indoor Vertical GrowerProvo, UT, United StatesFeb 01
Garden Manager, Full-Time SeasonalJewell GardensSkagway, AK, United StatesFeb 14
HorticulturistMoore Farms Botanical GardenLake City, SC, United StatesFeb 09
Natural Land ManagerWildlandsPortland, OR, United StatesJan 25
Plant Recorder / Plant Database ManagementMoore Farms Botanical GardenLake City, SC, United StatesFeb 09